Monday, January 10, 2011

Along Came A Kitchen II

Well, I've done some more work on the kitchen. I finished priming the cabinets (except for the doors - gonna have to buy some more primer before I can do those), the overhang, the ceiling, and the walls. More importantly, I also put the actual ceiling paint up today, so the kitchen ceiling is a finished product!
 The large black thing above is the paint pan; I was draining excess ceiling paint back into the bucket lol and didn't realize it was there when I took the picture. :)
 You can see Maverick in the laundry room doing what he does best (eating).
This ceiling pic isn't great, but I think you can tell it's at least been painted lol.

And now let's get a little upclose and personal with the cabinets:

The first one here is the cabinet above the venti-hood of the stove. And I'm only now realizing I completely missed doing the ceiling of the left side of the cabinet! Oh well, I'll get to it shortly. :)
 The next pic is of the wall cabinets in the corner between the sink and the stovetop.
 This next is of course my small kitchen window and the trim and sides around it. I haven't primed the window casing yet because I'm not sure if I'm actually going to paint it or just leave it natural. Although since I did get some primer on it, I'll most likely paint it too.
 Next we have the long section of wall cabinets to the right of the sink above the countertop.
 This next picture is a closeup of where those wall cabinets are coming apart from the wall and ceiling a bit. Not sure yet if I'm going to worry about addressing this now or just let it go for the time being and possibly replace these cabinets in a couple years.
 And next is the base cabinet under the counter. You can see the electrical wiring that goes to the outlet on the backsplash.
Most likely I'm going to paint these cabinets the Dust Bunny shade that trims out my bathroom. The walls will most likely be one of these shades of green (if the colors come through true, which they probably will not):


 Hopefully I'll make the decision this week on what shade to go with, and hopefully not long after that I can get the paint and get it done.

Two more things to add. One is to show how well the water stains around the vent are hidden now:
And two, just a closeup of my 1950's oven. :)
I wonder if I can ever get that broken glass replaced? Ah well, that's it for this posting! Less text and more pics! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment